Ozone solutions for waste water plants
Ozone waste water treatment is a thorough and effective oxidation process and is a suitable disinfectant for the organic matter found in waste water.
The process will remove pesticides, organics (such as organic Nitrogen), Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) and Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), Volatile Fatty Acids (VFA), and Sulfur. Furthermore, it will significantly decrease the associated odors.
The benefits for using ozone in waste water treatment include use of a clean, environmentally friendly technology that is as effective and economical.
• Safe and easy to use
• Low maintenance costs
• Ozone is produced on-site and requires no storage of dangerous chemicals
• Ozone requires no additional chemicals
• No cocktail of disinfectants necessary. Micro-organisms cannot build resistance to ozone even after prolonged usage
• Very effective in removing biofilms
• No persistent chemicals. Ozone breaks down to oxygen
• Does not continue oxidizing to the detriment of the fixture. Additionally, most Ozone will be consumed in interactions with the off-gassing from the sewage
• Ozone will oxidize a surface and form a patina which limits further oxidation
• Ozone is effective in a wide pH range